We passed extension last year with a ⅔ vote, and had 4 exploratory visits over the summer with Fraternity & Sorority Advisor, Sue Zarnowski. Upon returning to school, two of those exploratory visits submitted an application to Bryant. The process is lengthy and confusing, but what happens from here is this:
The Extension Committee consists of:
- Meghan Mullen, Co-Chair: Panhellenic Vice President of Recruitment
- Sue Zarnowski, Co-Chair: Fraternity and Sorority Advisor
- Jillian Gaudet: Panhellenic President
- April Blinn: Housing Coordinator
- Kelly Boutin: Assistant Director of Women’s Center and Pride Center
- Arielle Katz: Chapter and Recruitment Advisor for Tri Sigma
- Avery Barros: Tri Sigma President
- Kathryn Ionta: Alpha Omicron Pi Representative
- Emily Farber: Delta Zeta Representative
- The extension committee meets with both perspective sororities, reviews their materials, asks questions, etc.
- The extension committee makes a final decision on who they suggest to bring to campus
- Chapters take the extension committee’s suggestion and vote on it (again a ⅔ vote)
- We invite the new chapter to campus
- The new chapter has to accept to come to campus.
This week, Panhellenic is celebrating our annual Hazing Prevention Week. Prizes will be given out to the chapter that has the best window decoration with the slogan “Praise, Don’t Haze” in the FSC. We are also planning on speaking at the Alumni Memorial Service to honor Bryant alumni who have passed. October 1st is our annual Greek Summit, where we are hosting TJ Sullivan, brother of Pi Kappa Phi, to speak on his experience with motivation in chapters. His keynote will be at 10:30am. Any and all members of the Bryant community are welcome to attend! During Family and Friends weekend, we will be hosting a coffee break to advertise to families and friends of Bryant students.
The Panhellenic Council will be hosting Walk a Mile in Her Shoes in front of the FSC. This event is an international men’s march to stop rape, sexual assault, and gender violence. We will be asking both men and women of the Bryant community to come join us on October 26, at 3:00pm in front of the FSC to raise awareness in the Bryant Community. It will be $5 to participate and we will be partnering with Abby’s House, a women’s shelter in Worcester, MA.
We will be hosting our Pi Party on October 17 for those who had a GPA last semester (cumulative or semesterly) of at or above 3.14.